Tuesday 29 October 2013




This week continues to excite people as we hear of folk stepping out in faith & serving God in new ways. This morning Rob Wylie & I visited North Shields to spend some time with the team. We presented some training on the theme of 'Journeying In Faith'. I just love it when groups of people are enthusiastic about learning. It was good also to hear their stories and then to pray together for all the people we encounter. After a yummy lunch, we headed off to St.Andrews Southwick in Sunderland to visit the team. They were still on a high after the morning's Kids Club. They'd had a great morning & more kids had turned up than they expected. We stayed for a while & joined the team as they went on a prayer walk around the surrounding estate.

Then I went down to Hetton in East Durham. As I walked through the door I was greeted by lots of smiling faces. They'd had a wonderful time working with older people in their Holiday At Home event. They'd started the day with seated aerobics...this really has to be seen! If you're a member of the Newcastle District Methodist facebook group go & have a look at the video clip - I promise you it will make you laugh. They'd had such a good time that the feeling of general goodwill & joy was very much evident. 


I'm so thankful for the many people who are praying for TOGETHER - please continue to do so. All the teams are writing down their prayer requests and these are being sent to prayer partners & to the other teams. It's so important to keep our focus on God. I'm delighted with all that the teams are doing, my prayer for them this evening is that their energy levels will stay high!

God bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment